Saturday 7 July 2007

Introduction

Welcome to the Crash Room! When I was searching for a name for the blog I tried to think of something that could link my various hobbies together. What I discovered was that I am not an inherently creative person. I like to think I am but writing for fun and pleasure is probably not my strongest suit. So what to do? I stole the name from university days.

The Crash Room: where hours were wasted talking about the newest games, the strategies, the plots of the role playing session, and painting. All those things designed to keep us from going back to our rooms or the library and actually doing some work. I think it's a good name to share my latest miniature painting projects or the battle report from the last game.

For the time being this blog will probably be mostly about Hordes from Privateer Press. That's what I'm working on right now and I'm notoriously slow in getting things done. We're managing to get a weekly game in of Circle vs Legion because that's what we've got the time for. I'd love to be playing Warhammer Fantasy Battle from Games Workshop but I don't have the 3 hours that game needs. Warhammer 40,000 (also from Games Workshop) is really the last of the miniature games that I might play, but the game of choice right now is Hordes or Warmachine (Privateer Press). I only play Hordes because I don't like giant robots.

No comments: