Wednesday 14 January 2009

Charger #2

This is my other Charger. I figured if I didn't paint it right away it was never going to be painted at all. Even so I suffered a little mocking from my friends, who wanted to know why I was spendning time painting a Charger when I had all these figures I actually regularly played with to do.
All paints were GW aside from the brass. The model was basecoated Boltgun Metal over black primer. The whole thing was washed with Badab Black. The brass was then applied with a basecoat of Privateer Moten Bronze followed by Privateer Brass Balls. They were then washed with GW Ogryn Flesh. The steel was then highlighted with Boltgun Metal, Chainmail and Mithril Silver. The entire model was again washed with Badab Black, which ties the colours together and takes the shinyness off. The blue was GW Foundation Necron Abyss shaded up to Foundation Mordian Blue with some Enchanted Blue mixed in for the final highlight. The yellow was based with Foundation Macharius Solar Orange, then covered with Blazing Orange, and fianlly highlighted with Golden Yellow and Sunburst Yellow.










No comments: